Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Moving Forward

“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.” ~Isaiah 43:18-19

“I’m not going back, I’m moving ahead

I’m here to declare to You my past is over

In You, all things are made new

Surrendered my life to Christ

I’m moving, moving forward”

Lyrics from Moving Forward by Israel Houghton

So early this morning, this already seems to be the theme for the day. At this time in my life, things seem to be changing and moving forward at an almost break-neck pace. This is certainly not a bad thing….and considering the season I have recently exited in my life, it’s certainly a welcome change. However it is just that….change.

As humans, we tend to be creatures of habit. Sometimes that makes change—even good change, a little fearful. However, at this point in my journey I find that my fear is overshadowed…..this time around it feels like it is being pushed aside, and instead I find myself in hopeful expectation, anticipation, and quite honestly a sense of amazement. I’m seeing things come to pass that I felt God place on my heart in years past. I am reminded of the following scripture:

“Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.” ~I John 4:18 (NLT)

When we focus on God and what He says, we can be confident and fear is driven away. So many of these things I felt impressed upon my heart, but I had no idea how they would come to pass, because the circumstances I saw didn’t seem to make any sense or give any hint of ability to ever change. I just had to trust God and remain faithful in the steps He asked me to take. Our obedience + His supernatural ability = miraculous changes in events. He promises to complete the work He started in each of us.

“The One who calls you is faithful, and He will do it.” ~I Thessalonians 5:24 (emphasis mine)

My journey is far from over. There are still promises I have on my heart that have yet to be fulfilled. Continued obedience and following where He leads is key. I may not see now how those circumstances can change, but thankfully God is not dependent upon my ability to know what He knows. This is where faith enters the picture. I know that He is doing a new thing. I know He can make a way where there doesn’t seem to be one, and provision where none seems to exist. It says so in His Word. I can trust Him and follow Him so I can move forward. I trust He will guide me in respect to the details.

Is God bringing you to a new place? Ask for discernment to be able to “perceive it.” Seek His guidance and direction, and watch Him show you things that will truly amaze you.

No comments:

Post a Comment