Search This Blog

Friday, May 6, 2011

You've Messed Up One Too Many Times.....

Do we really believe what we say we believe? We say:

- Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God." ~Luke 18:27

- Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! ~2 Corinthians 5:17

- See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. ~Isaiah 43:19

Do we really believe what we say we believe? We believe that God can do anything, that nothing is impossible with God. Yet so often we only want to apply this to our own lives, and not to the lives of those that we disagree with, or that have hurt us. Church…do you really believe that God can make all things new? Then let’s believe for those that are trapped in the most unattractive sins to be set free and made whole.

What do we do when we are given a real live opportunity to love unconditionally? Do we point the finger, say that they are doing exactly what we knew they would do, and then turn our backs. Or do we try to lovingly point them to the only One that can truly change a heart? We can’t be a gracious lighthouse & an accusatory judge at the same time.

Want to see how God can transform even the most far-fetched candidate into a passionate follower? Check out Saul's conversion story. Think of your "least likely candidate" for change....and ask God to challenge your heart.




Everyone needs compassion
A love that's never failing
Let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness
A kindness of a Savior
The hope of nations

Savior
He can move the mountains
My God is Mighty to save
He is Mighty to save
Forever
Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender
Yes I surrender

Savior
He can move the mountains
My God is Mighty to save
He is Mighty to save
Forever
Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

Shine your light and let the whole world see
We're singing for the glory of the risen King...Jesus

Savior
He can move the mountains
My God is Mighty to save
He is Mighty to save
Forever
Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

You were mighty to save

Lyrics courtesy of Laura Story, Mighty to Save

No comments:

Post a Comment